Turkey is a common food in Europe and America. Especially at Christmas and Thanksgiving Day, people will get together to have dinner that there is turkey. Turkey has become a traditional food that is necessary for Easter, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. How to cook turkey in easy way? This recipe must be helpful.
1 Turkey (10 ~ 20 pounds)
2 tablespoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
1/2 ground Black pepper
1 handful of vanilla
1 orange or lemon
1. Wash the turkey after thawing. Remove the chicken neck and viscera, rinse under the tap. Add 2000 ml of water to a container, then transfer the turkey to the container, add two tablespoon of salt and mix well.
2. Soak the turkey in salty water, marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, and turn over once among this procedure.
3. Take the turkey from the brine, drain the water, and use kitchen paper towels to absorb the moisture on the surface and internal. It is suggested to drain for 12 hours.
4. Heat the pot. Add salt, black pepper and pepper powder, stir at low fire until it turns yellow, turn off the heat.
5. Transfer the turkey in the pot, rub it evenly, then wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator (PS: 24 hours if the turkey is lighter than 10 pounds, 48 hours if the turkey is lower than 20 pounds)
6. After marinated, take out the turkey and pour boiling water on the chicken to make the meat firmer.
7. You can make your own marinade, or you can buy it from the supermarket and use the attached needle to inject it into the chicken.
8. Preheat the pot, add butter until it is melted.
9. Add the dried herbs and turn off fire when the herbs become dry.
10. After drying the moisture on the surface of turkey. Place a grill mat on the baking tray to prevent from sticking, and transfer the turkey to the baking tray.
11. Brush the butter evenly on the surface of turkey and sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper.
12. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut celery, onion and carota into small cubes. Cut lemon into slice. Or peel an orange and halve it. Then add the chopped celery, onions and carota into the stomach of the turkey. Add lemon slice or orange to increase fragrant flavor.
13. After filling its stomach, block the butt with the remaining onion or an orange.
14. Wrap the chicken with butcher paper which is hard to tear up compared to foil.
15. Transfer the baking tray in the oven and adjust the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 hours (PS: 10 pounds of chicken for about 3 hours, 20 pounds for about 4 hours)
16. When the time is up, take out the turkey and you can sever it.