BBQ Recipe: Grilled Sirloin Steak Chunks With Veggies
Publisher： YRYM HT
“The only time to eat diet food is while you are waiting for the steak to cook”, Julia Child. And if you think that’s not true then you’ve never had a good, juicy, tender, and succulent steak before. Pardon me for my watering mouth and I’ll do the same for you.
Steak is one of the most popular ways of enjoying your meat, with different sections like T-bone, Ribeye, Flank, Skirt, Sirlion (upper or lower) having a unique taste and texture of their own. Talking specifically about Sirloin, it is an all-time fan favorite.
This big and juicy slab of meat is enough to melt the heart of any steak lover. Also called top Sirloin, it is very affordable and tender. Grilled to perfection and served alongside it, some fried or roasted vegetables and you are good to enjoy a meal that you will relish each and every bite of.
Today, we’ll discuss with you a Sirloin steak recipe that you’ll have a hard time quitting that will prompt you to make it again and again just to remember the taste of it.
• Sirlion Steak = 3 pounds and 2 inches thick. You can have it precut into chunks, but we recommend doing it afterwards.
• Salt : 2 tablespoons.
• Pepper : 2 tablespoons.
• Lemon juice : 2/3 cups.
• Dried Thyme ： 2 teaspoons.
• Bellpepper ： 2, large.
• Zucchini ： 2, medium-sized, thinly sliced.
• Olive oil ： ¾ cups.
• Potatoes： 2, big, cut them in thick French fries.
• Onion ： 1, large.
1. Start with marinating your steak. Make a mixture of salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Gently rub it into both sides of the steak and let it rest. If you let it age for a while and allow the moisture to escape, the better it’ll taste.
2. Cut the bell pepper in long slices, onion in rings, zucchini in thin slices, and potatoes in fat French fries cuts.
3. In a bowl mix the lemon juice, half the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon of thyme. Wisk it well and put the sliced vegetables and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Fire up the grill, we recommend preheating half the side to a temperature of 450˚F on one side and 350˚on the other side. Or to just 450˚F if you have a multi-layered grill. And put a copper grill mat on the grate to prevent from sticking. I have used YRYM HT copper grill mat for grilling, it really helped me a lot to keep grill clean as it is non stick and washable easily.
5. Put the seasoned/aged steak on the 450˚F side and grill for 5 minutes, flip it to the other side and grill it again for 5 minutes.
6. Now that the outer layer has been seared, let it cook over the 350˚F side or put it on the upper level for a multi-layered grill. Let it grill for 20-25 minutes.
7. Heat up a pan and grease it with remaining olive oil. Put the veggies on the pan and cook until potatoes have softened. Reserve the marinade.
8. Take out the steak and season it with reserved marinade.
9. Serve with fried veggies and glass of red wine.