This is going to be one unique recipe that you would have seen. Why? Because here marinating would be done after cooking. Why is that so? This will enhance the taste o the dish and provide you with the best outlook of the squash too, which might not be possible otherwise. This crispy wonderful recipe is going to be mouthwatering for sure. So, why not give this wonderful recipe a try.
Here we are sharing the ingredients for Grilled Squash with Red onion recipe.
You can definitely increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients to serve more guests. However, these ingredients are going to be enough for serving four people with this recipe, so make your adjustments accordingly.
· 4 summer squash
· 1 red onion (cut into eight wedges)
· ¼ cup white wine vinegar
· 4 bay leaves
· ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 garlic cloves (grated finely)
· 2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
· 8 oz. feta
· 4 banana peppers
· Salt to Taste
1. Prepare a grill by putting it on medium high flame and outing a bit of the oil on it.
2. Add garlic vinegar and ½ cup oil in a bowl and whisk it so that all the ingredients get mixed properly. Once this mixture is made put it aside.
3. Put the squash, bay leaves and onion on a baking sheet. Put some oil to coat all these ingredients. After that, add salt and black pepper over all these ingredients.
4. When the grill is properly heated, put a copper grill mat on the grate. YRYM HT copper grill mat can prevent from sticking and keep veggies from falling thru. Then Transfer the squash and onion to the copper grill mat.
5. Note: you do not have to change the side of the squash or move it unless you see the grill marks appearing on the squash. It will take around 3 minutes.
6. One you see the grill marks on the squash, change the side and let it grill till the time it starts releasing the liquid.
7. This is the time to transfer the squash back to the baking sheet.
8. Now grill the onion pieces. The best way to check if they are cooked is to look for the charred edges and tenderness.
9. Note: it will not take more than 5 minutes.
10. Your dish is ready to plate.
11. Put the marinade that you have already prepared over the grilled onion and squash.
12. Put the banana peppers and chili flakes on the top of the properly arranged squash and onions.
13. Waiting for 15 minutes after putting off the grill would be perfect.
You can use the garlic mayonnaise and ketchup as the two important serving sauces with this special dish and we are sure that these sauces will enhance the taste of your grilled squash with red onion.
However, if you really want to enjoy the taste of squash and grilled onions, you can just eat them without any particular sauce or ketchup. Its own marinade is going to give you the best taste. So, we would suggest you to enjoy it with the original taste rather than looking for the other options.