Eggplant is not the favorite vegetables of most of the people. But with this BBQ recipe that we are going to share here, you are surely going to become a new fan of the eggplants. The result of this recipe would be crispy charred edges and tender center.
You will need to follow this recipe quite carefully because most of the people don’t get the perfect eggplants while grilling. Some people overcook them making them hard, whereas others undercook them, making them spongy.
The best part is that this recipe is quite easy otherwise. You just need to be sure about the right cooking time. So, you can just make it within a few minutes. Here are the recipe and ingredients to the grilled eggplants.
The following ingredients can be used to serve eggplants to 6 to 8 people:
1 cup water (preferably warm water)
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon salt
1. You’ll need to follow the following directions to create this wonderful dish.
2. Take a bowl and mix salt and water in it to make a brine solution once the two tablespoons of salt dissolved in one cup of warm water. Add 5-6 cups of water in it.
3. For the eggplants, discard their top part containing stem. But don’t put off their skin. The skin can ease the process of handling your dish while it is on the grill.
4. Now, cut each of your eggplant diagonal in a strip of 3-4 inches.
5. After making these slices, you’ll have to put them in brine that you have already created.
Note: let these eggplant slices in brine for at least 30 minutes. You can take this time to 60 minutes if you want. But soaking them for more than 1 hour might make these slices too salty.
6. While these eggplant slices are soaked, prepare your grill.
7. Heat it to medium-high flame.
8. Once your grill is ready, take out the eggplant slices from brine and pat dry them. Put a magic grill mat on the grate. YRYM HT magic grill mat can prevent from sticking and falling through.
9. Now put them on the magic grill mat. Put some oil on the top side of your slices.
10. Make sure that the side on which you have put the oil should be facing towards the heat.
11. Cover the baking tray with a lid to let them cook.
12. It will take around 5 minutes for one side to be completely done.
13. Now put oil on the other side and sprinkle some salt over it. Let it face towards the heat now. It will take 5 minutes to have a perfect look.
14. So, in total 10 minutes, you’ll get the perfect looking and deliciously tasting eggplant slices.
Note: you can remove the skin at this stage if you want. However, it is eatable, and you can eat it too. The choice is yours’.
These grilled eggplants can be a perfect snack on a wonderful evening. You can also use them as a starter in your meals. The properly cooked inner part and crispy edges will make your mouth watery. So, just don’t wait and try this easy recipe now.