Mutton Grilled Roast is one of the delicacies that would make your dining table one of the most remembered ones when it comes to hospitality. You might require to put in some effort and time on this dish but the end result in the form of best aroma and outclass taste would prove you the worth of it. So, just put your apron and start this recipe of mutton grilled roast right away.
Following ingredients would be required for this dish. These ingredients are going to serve 6 people.
1. 1 mutton shoulder or leg piece (5 pounds)
2. 2 tablespoon pepper
3. 1 tablespoon kosher salt
4. 8 tablespoon cider vinegar
5. 2 lime (for juice)
6. 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
For dipping sauce:
For dipping sauce, you’ll need the following ingredients:
1. 4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2. 4 tablespoon vinegar
3. 2 lemons (for lime juice)
4. ½ tablespoon brown sugar
5. 1 teaspoon pepper
6. ½ teaspoon garlic powder
7. ½ teaspoon onion salt
Here is what you need to follow to get the mutton grilled roast ready.
1. Put salt and pepper on the mutton piece and put it aside
2. Meanwhile, mix ingredients including salt, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar pepper and water and put in on flame for heating
3. For dipping sauce: Put all the mixture mentioned in the dipping sauce in a saucepan and boil them for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes Put the heat off and cook down the mixture, your dipping sauce is ready.
4. In order to grill, make sure that you set up an indirect method for grilling as mutton usually takes long to grill.so you will need to give enough time to it.
5. So, once your grill is ready, put the piece of mutton on the grill, with fats side up.
6. Note: you will have to wait 4-6 hours until the meat starts separating from the bone. It is then your mutton would actually be considered cooked.
7. Note: make sure that the meat is tender enough because without its proper cooking it will not taste much delicious.
8. However, for the people who have the food thermometer with them. 190 degree Fahrenheit temperature should exist in the internal parts of the mutton piece to know when it is done.
9. Additionally, you’ll have to put the marinating mixture over and over again while your Mutton piece would be cooking. So, just brush the mutton piece with that mixture after every half hour so that the required taste is achieved.
10. Once done, place it for 5 minutes to cook down.
11. Cut thin slices of the large piece. Put half of the dipping sauce on these freshly cut pieces and serves.
The dipping sauce that we have made along with the grilled BBQ piece would be one of the best serving options that you can get.
Moreover, boiled rice and pita bread can also be some of the serving options that can make your dish extremely fantastic.