For the fans of Swordfish, here comes a grilling recipe. With this recipe, you can spice up your menu and introduce your taste buds with something exciting. This recipe mixes the sweet and sours both the taste by using honey and lime together. Cracking a perfect mix between both the tastes is a must but we are sure that the quantity of ingredients specified here would solve this problem for you as well. So, let’s start with the recipe.
Here are the ingredients to serve four people.
4 Swordfish steaks (12 ounce)
6 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 tablespoon soy sauce
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon grated ginger
4 teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
Following are the directions to make grilled ginger lime swordfish:
1. Mix honey, vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, white pepper and salt in a bowl. Make sure a consistent mixture from all the ingredients is formed.
2. Put the fish steaks in a shallow dish.
3. Pour the marinating mixture on the fish in a way that all the fish steaks are fully covered with the mixture.
Note: Covering all the sides of all the steak pieces is important to ensure consistent taste in all the pieces.
4. After the mixture is fully poured, cover the dish with plastic wrap and place the dish in refrigerator for 30 minutes. You can increase the marinating time depending on your availability.
5. Preheat the grill on medium-high flame. Then place a piece of BBQ grill mat on the grate to prevent from sticking and keep swordfish from falling through the grill grate.
6. Put some oil on the BBQ grill mat.
7. Take out the fish from the marinade and place it on the BBQ grill mat.
8. When it starts cooking, put some oil on the fish as well.
9. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on one side. And then change the side and apply some oil on the other side too. It will also take 3-4 minutes.
10. When the fish will get an opaque texture in the center, and then consider it cooked.
11. Remove it from the grill.
12. Plate it in a platter and serve.
This wonderful recipe would be appropriate with different sauces. You can go for a mayonnaise sauce or simple tomato sauce.
Additionally, steamed rice can also prove to be a wonderful serving idea for this recipe.
You can also go for sautéed bok Choy to serve this sweet and sour swordfish.
One thing you must note here is that using any of the oils during marinating and grilling would work. But you should avoid the strong flavored oils such as olive oil. It would not go well with the other ingredients that are the part of marinating mixture and you won’t get the best taste. However, apart from olive oil, you can use any other oil that you wish to use.
By sharing this recipe of grilled ginger lime swordfish, we expect that you’ll get the perfect balance. So, make sure to follow this recipe closely. For the experts out there, they can definitely make adjustments according to the taste that they want in this recipe.