Mixture of lemon, thyme and salmon is going to bring in a new taste for your taste buds. You can actually enjoy the proteins with a good taste. Once you’ll taste salmon and the lemon thyme mixture, we are sure that you’ll want more of them. So, make sure to prepare them in large quantity especially if you are inviting guests over.
You can serve 4 people from the following ingredients.
4 salmon fillet (6 ounce)
4 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons thyme leaves (fresh)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon of sea salt
Lemon wedges for decoration
Follow these steps to prepare grilled salmon with lemon and thyme:
1. Mix lemon juice, olive oil, thyme leaves, garlic, and sea salt together.
2. Try to use fresh salmon. In case you are using frozen one, let it defrost first before you start preparing the dish.
3. Put the marinade in a reusable bag.
4. Put salmon in it as well and make sure that all the salmon fillets are fully coated with the marinade.
5. Seal the bag and put it in refrigerator.
Note: you should marinade the salmon for maximum 1 hour. Exceeding marinating time for longer can make salmon mushy.
6. Place a piece of BBQ grill mat on the grate to prevent from sticking and tearing up. BBQ grill mat coated with Teflon is non stick and heat resistant, which can make grease from sticking to grate and keep salmon from tearing up or being burnt. Preheat the grill at medium-high flame.
7. Put some oil on the BBQ grill mat. Make sure to cover the grill properly as it will ensure that salmon can be grilled evenly.
8. Put the salmon on the BBQ grill mat. Make sure the grill is fully hot when putting salmon on it.
9. Grill the salmon for 5 minutes on each side.
10. Check the internal temperature to ensure proper cooking. It must be 145 degree Fahrenheit. The color of the salmon should be light at this point and the thickest part should be easily flaked.
11. Put some lemon juice on the salmon just before you put it off the grill. It will enrich the taste of the entire dish.
12. Plate out your salmon and enjoy the dish.
Make your favorite rice along with the salmon and the pairing will add to the taste of the salmon and you’ll be able to create a full meal from it.
You can even make more marinade by using same ingredients and serve it as a sauce with the grilled salmon. Try not to use the remaining mixture that has been in contact with the raw salmon as it might have some bacteria. In case you want to use the already created mixture, boil it first and then use it.
Additionally, pairing salmon with grilled vegetables can also be a great way to improve the taste of your dish. So, try it and let us know if you like the combination or not.
The combination of thyme and lemon is great and can give your taste buds a nice flavor. You can control the use of lime in your dish by adjusting the quantity added in the marinade. Similarly, if you don’t like sour taste much then just avoid squeezing it on the salmon while grilling and you’ll get this recipe customized to your taste.